Thursday, January 14, 2010

Axl Vs Johnny

It is pretty interesting that both Axl and Johnny had songs about killing women. In Delia's gone, Johnny shoots her twice because Delia was a trifling woman. Now poor Johnny was in jail and she is haunting him, he can hear her walking around all of the time.
Years later Axl sings I Used To Love Her But I Had to Kill Her. A lot of people say this song was not about killing anyone and it is really about a dog, or just a joke. I don't think that matters, because obviously Axl doesn't have some girl buried in his backyard. what is interesting is that in both songs the murderer doesn't get peace because they are haunted in some way. Axl can hear the complaining and Johnny can hear her walking around. They are both really great songs, and really address the other side of love. I think it is funny that both artists are talented, and put on a good show but there is a great parallel between them. I think it really shows how ahead of his time Johnny Cash was.

Delia's Gone
Share

Used to Love Her
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment