Share
Attached is a link to documentary that talks about how music video teaches us about gender roles. It is really sad, I haven't seen the entire full length video, but you can see how violence is so entrenched in modern music, and violence against women in particular. If people are reduced to sexual object then they cease to be human, and therefore what is done to them is o.k. I have been out many times and have strangers come up and grab me in some way, men of all ages. And the thing is what is happening to me is not unique. I think it is the acceptance and complacency toward violence against women that is the most upsetting.
Even reading the YouTube comments on this is frustrating, I have posted a portion of one below.
"I have never been raped because I don't act like I want to have sex with everybody."
Comments like that are stupid and are also a huge part of the problem, though unfortunatley comments like that are also not unique.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment